Thursday, June 2, 2016

The Story Of Beauty vs Love: Something That Doesn't Always Go Well Together

There was a lady driving only about 20 feet ahead of us. She would weave haphazardly in and out of traffic, which happened to be dangerously close behind her. A moment later, she starts to shake violently, as if entranced by something. Soon enough, she throws her hands up in the air as if to say something like, "I give up". I don't know where that phrase comes from, yet that's about the first thought that came into my mind, as well as the fact that she seemed to be a Canadian and African hybrid. We eventually gain enough courage to pass her. And as we do so, I peer out of the window. And as I do, I am extremely compelled, for some inexplicable reason, to say the following phrase: "I don't know what love is.", as she is leaning on the window with one hand covering her face; I guess the reason for that is that I was trying to get into her shoes. Another reason could be that since, for the moment, she seems to be more much more attracted to cars rather than people. However if I had said my thoughts out loud that day, then they would have probably scattered into thin air, just as light scatters through our atmosphere. And that is cause for despair; After all, I risked my life for someone just decided to be devoid of love (at first sight?!), as well as ugliness. That is because pretty much all of the time, beauty and love together never form a true relationship, and therefore aren't always together. Such a story is based on real events, yet I was extremely compelled to turn such a strange event into something that can teach us something really philosophical, in a humorous yet interesting way.

No comments:

Post a Comment